Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We Caught Tim Federowicz's grand slam ball against LSU

This was the first video I took right after catching Tim's grand slam home run in the top of the 9th inning against the LSU Tigers. I/we were rooting for LSU so I was completely stunned to catch the ball and wasn't quite sure what to do or how to react.

From the instant Tim connected with the ball I felt as if the ball was coming right at me. I really didn't even have to stand up for it seemed to come right into my hands and fall right into my lap before falling under the bench below where I was sitting.

I've been close to catching a few foul balls in my life and it always seemed to be a mad scramble with flying arms and bodies resulting in a few bruises now and then. But this ball seemed to come right at me as if it was a cosmic gift from our creator. It was such an amazing experience that I felt compelled to document it in greater detail with the creation of a blog which you can visit at the link below:

http://timsgrandslam.blogspot.com/

Fred Smart - Evanston, IL

No comments: